(Video: This was Screaming Fields 2013!)
It’s here again for the fifth time and FUZE is delighted to be a partner once again! The Screaming Fields high school band festival and contest has just launched for 2014 and you can sign-up for it right now!
Organised by the Rockhal Music & Resources Centre, Screaming Fields not only aims to put bands or solo artists on the big Rockhal stage, but give them a ‘path’ and guidance to get there!
It is not an easy route though, as bands will have to battle it out and compete against each other representing their school to get to the goal of the Rockhal stage, almost like a mini ‘real world’ experience.
So are you ready to enter Screaming Fields 2014? Here are the steps you have to go through…
1) 25th April until 25th May – Enter artist details on the Screaming Fields website: www.screamingfields.lu. By the way, this may be called a ‘school band’ contest, but it can be single artists and you can enter to represent youth centres too.
2) 30th April until 30th May – Registered acts then have to work to get the public to vote for them online. But it is not just a case of messaging people to “vote for me”, bands have to work for it by producing attractive promotion in whatever form they like, whether it be flyers, videos or even little concerts! Creativity is the key here, something that established bands have to constantly face. The public vote will be shown in real time so the earlier you register, the longer you have to campaign!
3) 1st June – A jury of well-known Luxembourg musicians will select their favourite acts. The judges for this year are; Sacha Breuer – 15 years in the Luxembourg metal scene and currently singer in Scarred, Sacha Hanlet – Mutiny on the Bounty’s drummer and lead singer, Joëlle Gelhausen – Lead singer of Angel At My Table and Eric Rosenfeld – Versus You lead singer and guitarist.
4) 2nd June – The jury results and public vote results will be put together and the exciting announcement of the top 11 bands to play at the Rockhal will made!
5) 5th July – The night we’ve all been waiting for! The concert of the winning 11 bands will take place at the Rockhal and the prizes announced at the end.(Video: The FUZE Screaming Fields 2013 video!)
So what do you think? Are you now ready to enter Screaming Fields 2014? If you’re not convinced already, maybe the list of prizes will tempt you further….
1) Best live performance – a slot at the
On Stéitsch festival that takes place at CarréRotondes in September and live performance training for the show with Rockhal’s Music & Resources team.
2) Best song – a cash price of €500 from SACEM Luxembourg and a day recording the track at the Rockhal studios
3) Most creative promotion – €500 from ING Luxembourg, 2 days recording at Rockhal studios, and an EPK (Electronic press kit)
4) Music & Resources “Coup de Coeur” – a follow-up from M&R, rehearsal sessions in Rockhal’s rehearsal rooms and recording sessions in Rockhal studio and stage training, a slot at the Fête de la Musique festival in Dudelange and various other workshops (singing, instrument, entrance to Sonic Visions conferences)
5) Free entrance to Rock Tools – All musicians from the 11 bands get free entrance tickets to the Rock Tools musician ‘master class’ workshop on 4th October.
So now you must be convinced to enter yourself and your band into Screaming Fields 2014! What are you waiting for? Sign-up now….
So FUZE and of course the Music & Resources at the Rockhal, are looking forward to another year of great acts, an ideal opportunity and step to get your band known. Good luck to you all and FUZE will be monitoring you and bringing updates!
Take a read of the FUZE article from last year!
► Screaming Fields website: www.screamingfields.lu
► Screaming Fields Facebook Page: www.fb.com/screamingfieldsrockhal
► Screaming Fields email: firstname.lastname@example.org
► Music & Resources website: www.cr.rockhal.lu
► Music & Resources Facebook Page: www.fb.com/mr.rockhal
► Music & Resources on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MR_Rockhal